Wednesday, October 21, 2015

5 Step Spinach & Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken!!

It's no secret that the kitchen and I are not the best of friends. However, I feel as though it is my duty to myself, as well as my future children, that I learn how to cook, clean, and do all that ever-so-fun domesticated shit stuff.  (Let's be real though, I'm getting a maid) I like to practice my culinary skills when I have a night off (despite the fact that my boyfriend would argue I "heat things up") and I enjoy cooking healthy meals--not only does it save me money, but it doesn't hurt the waistline;) I do however, don't mind standing over a hot stove even more, when it's a super simple recipe that doesn't require a ton of ingredients. 

Last monday night I was searching through my fridge for something to make for dinner but had very little supplies. It was at that moment that I dreaded the thought of getting into my car and driving to the store. So instead, I turned to the-always-helpful app, PINTEREST. I was extremely pleased (and impressed with myself) that I did have similar ingredients to make this delicious chicken dish. *I modified the recipe I originally found, to my taste buds. 

Things you will need:
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Chicken Seasoning (or salt & pepper)
  • Goat Cheese
  • 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
  • Fresh Spinach
  • Thin Sliced Chicken Breast







Step 1:
 Take your chicken breast, place plastic wrap over them, and pound thin. Then season to your liking. I use McCormick's roasted garlic and herb seasoning.


 Step 2:
Next heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil and add finely chopped garlic. Next, throw in handfuls of spinach depending on my many servings of chicken. *remember it will shrink down (Don't throw out the oil)


Step 3:
Take thinly pounded chicken and layer with goat cheese and sauteed spinach. Then roll chicken as if you're making a wrap.


Step 4: 
reheat the left-over olive oil and brown the sides of your chicken


Step 5:
Bake the chicken for 10-15 minutes in a 400 degree oven until juices run clear. You can check the chicken by slicing the thickest part and check for any pink.
Once your chicken is done, **LET IT SIT** for a few minutes before serving. This gives the chicken a chance to absorb all it's juices.




Bon appetit!
Xx,

No comments:

Post a Comment