Thursday, July 23, 2015

Zucchini Pasta with Spinach & Asparagus

So I recently started this "low carb" diet (except for when I cheat and get Mc'donalds :x), where I basically just try to cut back on bread and pasta...and let me tell you, it sucked, at first. But now I have gotten used to it and I try to find ways to stay full by incorporating more meat, fish and veggies into my diet. Tonight I had a craving for some pasta but decided to try making zucchini noodles instead.

It actually turned out to be quite satisfying and delicious! Thought I would share..



Ingredients:
  • 2-3 Medium sized zuchini
  • cherry or grape tomatoes
  • 1/2 bag or whole bundle of fresh spinach
  • 3 cloves of fresh minced garlic
  • 1 bundle of asparagus
  • 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 can of artichoke hearts
  • Goat or parmesan cheese



Start off by taking a veggie peeler and slice the zucchini into ribbons (WATCH YOUR FINGERS!)


In a large saute pan, on medium heat, add olive oil and garlic.




Next add spinach, diced up asparagus and artichoke hearts to pan. Saute all together until the spinach shrinks.


Once all the veggies have been cooked, add the zucchini and toss together just until the noodles are hot. Next you can add the tomatoes, but I personally don't like my tomatoes cooked, so I add them last.

Top with goat cheese or parmesan. You can also add some grilled chicken for extra protein.

 Enjoy with your favorite glass of white wine, and bon appetit!


Xx,

No comments:

Post a Comment